New Speech Syllabus Package
A message from Speech examiners, Jan Skinner and Bronwen Hanvey
We are pleased to announce the Guild’s new Speech Syllabus package, effective 1 January 2014, and we ask your assistance in promoting it wherever you have the opportunity.Our five existing syllabi have been updated and redesigned, and two new syllabi have been created.
Oral Communication for ESL students (NEW)
- A syllabus of 9 levels, culminating in the English Speaker’s Certificate.
- The focus is on developing the skills of students learning to speak the English language.
- For use both within Australia and overseas.
- Presents opportunities for students to discuss/incorporate aspects of their own cultures.
Integrated Drama Programmes (NEW)
- A syllabus of 6 levels for secondary school students, culminating in the Higher Certificate in Drama Performance.
- Students incorporate a range of theatre skills into their performances, for example, music, movement, dance, puppets and masks. At the higher levels, students create designs for make-up, costume, set and lighting.
Speech and Drama (updated)
- The most longstanding within the Speech syllabus package, culminating in three Licentiate Diplomas (Performer, Teacher and Creative Drama).
Oral Communication (updated)
- A syllabus of 9 levels, culminating in two Associate Diplomas (Public Speaking and Teacher Public Speaking). Complements the Speech and Drama syllabus and provides wider opportunities for Speech on a personal level.
Oral Communication for Small Groups (updated)
- A syllabus of 6 levels, culminating in the Advanced Certificate in Oral Communication.
Spoken Language Development for Class or Group (updated)
- A syllabus of 8 levels, culminating in the Higher Certificate in Spoken Language Development.
Choral Speaking for Class or Group (updated)
- A syllabus for speech choirs, encompassing 9 levels and culminating in the Higher Certificate in Choral Speaking.
Free Syllabus Overview
- We have provided the Guild office with a Free Syllabus Overview which provides an outline of the entire Speech package. So please refer anyone interested in Speech to the office to obtain a copy.
For further information Please contact
Jan Skinner, Speech Convenor
Phone: 02 6021-4088