AGME has Job Vacancies from time to time and is currently offering the below to a successful applicant.
Current Job Vacancy
- Higher Education Administrator
The Australian Guild of Music Education (AGME) wishes to engage a person with responsibility for managing academic quality assurance in AGME’s higher education operations.
|Position Title:||Higher Education Administrator|
|Type of Employment:||0.6 FTE|
|Annual Salary range:||$36,000 – $45,000 plus super|
About the Guild
The Australian Guild of Music Education (AGME) was established in 1969 and grew out of the London College of Music, now part of the University of West London. Starting as a Public Examination body the AGME successfully moved into the higher education and first offered its Music Degree in 2002. The Higher Education side of the AGME has consistently seen its graduates achieve strong workforce engagement including numerous in prestigious positions in the music profession.
In 2017 the AGME undertook a range of reforms designed to strengthen the quality of its higher education operations, and ensure it can maintain its place as an innovative player in the ever-changing Australian music education scene.
These changes included refreshed corporate and academic governance arrangements for AGME’s higher education operations (AGME – HE). The formation of these new governing bodies includes exceptional fresh expertise to review, revise and drive the AGME Music Degree into the future.
About the position
AGME is seeking an effective and experienced Higher Education Administrator to provide administrative oversight and support of AGME’s higher education operations.
The Higher Education Adminstrator is responsible for:
- Student Record Management including fee management in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Administration of higher education policy library;
- Supporting higher education governance functions for the Higher Education Committee (HEC) and the Academic Board (AB) including scheduling meetings, minute-taking and dissemination of materials;
- Preparation of student reports including admission, performance and completion;
- Acting as custodian of corporate documents and records;
- Ensuring that Insurance policies and Liabilities are maintained and adequate;
- Ensuring the official website and MOODLE site are kept updated;
- Booking advertising, expos and other opportunities as directed;
- Supporting the CEO and the Academic Leader as required and specifically in relation to higher education reporting requirements;
- Organising programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget;
- Reporting to the CEO and supports other staff as necessary.
The Higher Education Administrator will also be able to:
- Trouble shoot office equipment, setup and plugin new equipment, download drivers and manage software updates as necessary;
- Oversee updating of all computers as necessary;
- Apply their skills on Microsoft and Adobe software packages to prepare documents for presentation and modify advertisements and other publications as necessary.
Essential skills and qualifications
- High level administrative skills;
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, communication and stakeholder skills;
- Experience in use of a LMS site for student management (WiseNet or similar)
- Strong ability in Microsoft Word & Excel with ability to learn and apply new technologies related to social media, online marketing and some layout and graphic design skills based on Adobe products.
- Interpersonal skills – creative, innovative, forward planning, research/investigation and high work ethic;
Desired skills and qualifications
- Experience in a higher education administration role;
- Experience in student fee administration and understanding of FEE-HELP requirements;
- Understanding of the regulatory framework for higher education in Australia;
- Knowledge of VTAC towards prospective student enrolments;
- Willing to be trained in any of the above.
Work Health and Safety Statement
The position is required to comply with all health and safety policies and procedures and take all reasonable care to ensure actions do not impact on the health and safety of staff, students and visitors to AGME.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ensure that the principles of equal employment opportunities are implemented promoted and adhered to, in order to comply with relevant legislation and AGME’s policy framework.